Today at lunch I picked up my mobile base for the next 3 weeks! The intermediate and full-size class cars were the same price so I went with the larger of the two. When I showed up at Hertz, they didn’t have the full-size so I got a free upgrade! Tonight I’m going to load up some of my stuff and tomorrow morning before work I’m taking it to the park to calibrate the CB and antenna. Let’s take a look at my ride!
I got this nice, white Rav 4. It has loads of room, so many features (although I can’t raise the seat and I feel like I’m a little kid in it), and Sirius XM! I haven’t listened to terrestrial radio in years, so I’m pretty happy they included that.
- Loads of room!
- So many cup holders!
- Satellite radio!
- Sun roof!
- Probably more features I don’t know about yet.
- EZ/I Pass that will be charged to my account.
- The front looks like a First Order trooper!
- Probably not going to have great gas mileage. It’s still better than all of my old cars, but it’s going to add up.
- No enclosed truck. I’m going to have a lot of stuff in my trunk. It’s hard to see in through the tint, but it is possible. Fortunately it’s going to be clothes and blankets basically. Hopefully no one decides I need to be robbed.
- New York license plates. I don’t know why that’s a bad thing, just seems like it is.